JIVA Youth Action Plan Facilitator
Contract: 8 weeks (20 hours per week)
Deadline: Aug. 18th, 2017
The JIVA Youth Action Plan Facilitator will work on the following tasks in conjunction with the JIVA Program Coordinator and the Executive Director of Youth Ottawa:
• Running the JIVA Program in French with participating teachers and Grade 10 Civics classes in Ottawa-area High Schools.
• Working with 7-8 sections managing schedule of visits, program evaluation and reporting for those sections, and assisting the JIVA Program Coordinator with community partner outreach as well as on-site observations for new volunteers.
• Experience working with youth in a facilitation capacity (coach, counsellor, director, instructor)
• Ability to develop and cultivate professional working relationships within local area schools and community groups
• Strong speaking and presentation skills
• ‘Out of the box’ problem solving abilities
• Next level organizational skills; the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously that brings together youth groups, NGOs, community organizations and the wider community.
• Enthusiasm, fortitude, patience and passion
$2,400 for 8-week work contract starting in September 2017 based on a 20-hour work-week. Contracts can be renewed every term. A 10-hour training and a round of observation is included in the first contract.
Deadline for applications is August 18th, 2017. Interviews will be conducted in mid August, 2017 with the successful candidate beginning training and orientation in early September. Class visits will begin the week of September 11th, 2017.
General Program Description
The goal of the JIVA Youth Program is to inspire youth to take action on social and environmental issues. Our initiative enlists the support of representatives from a variety of NGOs and community groups who present tangible ways that youth can get involved and start taking action. We seek to demonstrate how students can and must play a central role in shaping and building communities, both locally and abroad. The Youth Action Plan Facilitator works with groups of youths from local area high school community association to facilitate the plan and implementation of a youth-led Action Plan. JIVA works to develop youth’s civic engagement skills by having youth identify, research and take action on issues that are relevant to them.
• Second language ability (French or non-official language)
• Valid drivers’ licence and access to a car
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Ian Bingeman, Executive Director of Youth Ottawa, at [email protected], or press the button below to begin your email.