APPLY AT BOTTOM OF PAGE
Youth Ottawa is proud to present an amazing opportunity for Ottawa area youth to showcase their artistic talents at RBC Bluesfest 2019.
This application will require a YouTube video describing your art proposal (max. 2 minutes). Please do not submit the below form until you have prepared your video. The contest is open to youth 25 and under.
Do you have?
- ideas for participatory/interactive art installations?
- Art installations displaying your existing art projects?
- Proposals to create art on site for the duration of the festival and/or performance art?
Overall Program Goals:
- To promote and support developing youth artists in Ottawa by providing them a venue to showcase their talents and direct support in developing their craft;
- To increase youth presence at RBC Bluesfest; create activities and attractions that are youth friendly;
- To increase the festival experience for attendees by creating opportunities to interact with the space and fellow festival attendees.
What we are looking for (our criteria):
- Interactivity - an experience that gets people involved with the event and each other;
- Durability - taking into consideration a high number of people engaging with the installation and the installation will be outdoors with wind and rain;
- Safety - cannot pose any risk to those that are participating;
- Environmental sustainability - lowering environmental footprint;
- Accessibility - appropriate for all age groups, abilities and cultures.
What the selected artists will get:
- $500 to $1,000 in material expenses to create the art installation;
- Space on festival grounds for their art installation (wall space up to 40 linear feet OR an area up to 20 feet by 20 feet (400 square foot max.);
- A youth pass for Bluesfest 2019;
- An Artist Profile featured on RBC Bluesfest Social Media;
- Mentorship from a local artist prior to Bluesfest (creative process mentor).
Process for Responding to the Call for Artists:
- Take the time to really understand the criteria in the “looking for” above;
- Develop your idea for your installation;
- Review your idea with your youth worker or teacher;
- Prepare sketches or other visual representations of your planned installation;
- Complete this application.
The selected artists will be contacted in mid May. Your teacher/youth worker/ adult mentor/ guardian will be asked to serve as a reference. APPLICATION DEADLINE FRIDAY MAY 3RD AT MIDNIGHT.