DILA Youth Action Plan Facilitator
Contract: 40 weeks (35 hours per week)
Aug. 28th, 2017 - June 15th, 2018
Deadline: Aug. 7th, 2017
The DILA Youth Action Plan Facilitator will work on the following tasks in conjunction with the DILA Program Coordinator and the Executive Director of Youth Ottawa:
• Running the DILA Program with participating teachers and Grade 10 Civics classes in Ottawa-area High Schools (Ottawa Catholic School Board and Ottawa Carleton District School Board schools) over the course of the four terms in which Civics classes are run (Sept-Nov; Nov-Jan; Feb-Apr; Apr-June), working with 10-12 sections at any given term managing schedule of visits, program evaluation and reporting for those sections, and assisting DILA Program Coordinator with community partner outreach as well as on-site observations for new volunteers.
• For the last three weeks of January (January 16-27th, summative and exam period in schools), March Break, and the last week of the contract (June 12-16th), this position will involve assisting the DILA Program Coordinator with volunteer recruitment, program evaluation, reporting on results, and other tasks as determined by the DILA Program Coordinator.
• Experience working with youth in a facilitation capacity (coach, counsellor, director, instructor)
• Ability to develop and cultivate professional working relationships within local area schools and community groups
• Strong speaking and presentation skills
• ‘Out of the box’ problem solving abilities
• Next level organizational skills; the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously that brings together youth groups, NGOs, community organizations and the wider community.
• Enthusiasm, fortitude, patience and passion
$24,000 for 40-week work contract running August 28th, 2017, through June 15th, 2018, based on 35 hour work-week (two weeks’ unpaid time off for December Holiday).
Deadline for applications is August 7th, 2017. Interviews will be conducted in mid August, 2017 with the successful candidate beginning training and orientation on August 28th. Class visits will begin the week of September 11th.
General Program Description
The goal of the DILA Youth Program is to inspire youth to take action on social and environmental issues. Our initiative enlists the support of representatives from a variety of NGOs and community groups who present tangible ways that youth can get involved and start taking action. We seek to demonstrate how students can and must play a central role in shaping and building communities, both locally and abroad. The Youth Action Plan Facilitator works with groups of youths from local area high school community association to facilitate the plan and implementation of a youth-led Action Plan. DILA works to develop youth’s civic engagement skills by having youth identify, research and take action on issues that are relevant to them.
• Second language ability (French or non-official language)
• Valid drivers’ licence and access to a car
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Ian Bingeman, Executive Director of Youth Ottawa, at [email protected], or click the button below to begin your email.